We LOVE rose, it has so many amazing properties. It is an ancient remedy that has been used for hundreds of years. The petals of this beautiful flower are steam-distilled to produce essential rose oil which is used in many green beauty preparations. Attar of rose, which is essential rose oil, contains more than 300 compounds, which makes rose oil an important ingredient in beauty products.
Top 10 Uses:
1. It is anti-microbial. An anti-microbial is an agent that kills micro-organisms and inhibits their growth.
2. Can be used to help alleviate depression. According to aromatherapy practitioners, using essential oils, like rose oil, transmits messages to the limbic system - the part of the brain responsible for controlling emotions and influencing the nervous system.
3. Very effective on acne skin. Rose oil has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Packed full of anti-oxidants it is great for repairing damaged cells and helping to prevent ageing.
5. Encourages an even skin tone and healthy complexion. It can help to refine skin texture.
6. Very calming on red and irritated skin as it helps to control sensitive skin and has an astringent effect on the capillaries.
7. Rose oil is anti-bacterial. Medical papers have shown that, among the essential oils, rose oil presented the strongest bacterial properties and was shown to kill P acnes bacteria (the bacteria which causes acne) after about five minutes.
8. Helps to balance moisture levels in the skin and protects the skin from future moisture loss. This can be particularly helpful during the winter when cold winds and hot central heating can disrupt the skin's moisture levels and, in the summer, to calm skin irritated by too much sun exposure.
9. It is an effective antiseptic with a wonderful scent that can help to prevent infections and even assist with the healing of small wounds.
10. Rose oil helps in the prevention of wrinkles by retaining moisture in the skin which can leave the skin looking naturally plumped, hydrated and radiant.
You can help to clear your acne by applying one drop of pure rose oil directly onto a blemish. Apply morning and evening. Ensure that your hands are clean before application. Ensure that your face is thoroughly cleansed before applying rose oil as you do not want to lock in all the dirt and debris into your pores.
For Oily Skin
Although it seems unlikely, essential rose oil is a particularly effective treatment for those who suffer with oily skin.........
For Dry Skin
For those with very dry skin, try applying a generous layer of rose oil to the face and neck and allowing it to deeply penetrate into the skin. This will help to provide a lasting treatment for tight, dry skin.
For a glorious rose petal bath combine one and a half cups of Epsom Salts with half a cup of Pink Himalayan Salt, a quarter of a cup of baking soda and 10 drops of essential rose oil to your warm bath water. For an extra luxurious bath add half a cup of dry rose petals. The mixture can be stored in a mason jar to be enjoyed whenever you have time to relax and appreciate it.
To make the perfect accompanying body butter mix a teaspoon of Almond Oil with a cup of Coconut Oil and add 10 drops of Rose Oil. For the colouring make a strong solution of Hibiscus Tea and leave it to cool then add a few drops to make the colour you desire. Don't add too much as you can always add a little later if you wish to make the colour more intense. Using a hand whisk or blender beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy. This may take a little longer than you might expect for it to become light and airy but it will happen. Once you have completed your body butter store it in a clean, airtight, glass container and apply it lavishly on your skin after your rose petal bath.
NOTE: USE ROSE OIL WITH CAUTION IF YOU ARE PREGNANT.
Roses are widely considered the most beautiful flowers in the world. They are an inspiring flower that has and does play integral parts of innumerable myths, legends, legacies and stories. Along with Rose Oil's amazing attributes it is powerful remedy for many aliments, it is an underestimated and fairly unknown gem of skin care, especially natural skin care. Let us know in the comments below how you use rose oil and how it helped you!